- This event has passed.
Women SMEs’ Roles in Addressing Uncertainty in Times of COVID-19
June 26 @ 3:00 am - 4:30 pm
UN Women is organizing the virtual roundtable “Her Hands: Women SMEs’ Roles in Addressing Uncertainty in Times of COVID-19, (Via Zoom) on Friday, 26 June 2020, 15:00-16:30 PM Bangkok time (GMT+7)
The COVID-19 crisis is hitting women particularly hard, as they make up the majority of those most vulnerable at work, and they often bear the brunt of increased pressures at home. The crisis is also having a greater impact on small and medium enterprises (SMEs), as these have less capacity to absorb the shocks to supply chain and to customer revenue. The SME sector is hit hardest, and women are facing compounded challenges and they are particularly vulnerable to the current crisis.
This event will explore opportunities for multi-stakeholder collaboration among governments, large scale businesses, intergovernmental and international organizations and civil society, in order to promote gender-responsive SME support measures in Thailand. The session will focus on the role of women entrepreneurs and women-owned companies as a part of the solution.
- Ms. Alice Napartivaumnuay – Co-Founder, Socialgiver (Social Enterprise)
- Ms. Acharamas Udomsiri, Women Entrepreneur, Mobileshop, Chiang Mai (Telecommunications)
- Ms. Srihatai Serina Praisankul, Managing Director, AKIYOSHI (F&B/Hospitality)
- Ms. Papaporn Atsavasirilert, CEO & Founder, Lick BKK (F&B)
- Project Manager, Kenan Foundation Asia (TBC)