2019 EU-ASEAN BUSINESS SENTIMENT SURVEY
The EU-ABC has recently published the 5th EU-ASEAN Business Sentiment Survey. The full publication can be found here. Attached is our press release for the Survey. You will also find postings on the Survey on LinkedIn (see here) and on our Twitter feed.
Key findings this year:
- 53% of respondents see ASEAN as the region with the best economic opportunity, up from 51% in 2018.
- 88% of respondents expect to increase trade and investment in ASEAN in the next 5 years, an increase of 13% over 2018.
- But only 3% of respondents feel that ASEAN Economic Integration is progressing fast enough, down from 11% in 2018
- 58% of respondents found that the number of non-tariff barriers (NTBs) to trade in ASEAN have not changed much, despite various ASEAN-level commitments to eliminate NTBs.
- 94% of respondents would like the EU to accelerate FTA negotiations with ASEAN and its members.
By courtesy of EU-ASEAN BUSINESS COUNCIL